Sunday, September 11, 2016

39 weeks with Lawson..almost there!


( My face says it all lol....and excuse the background mess. This is getting ready for church chaos)



How far along? 39 weeks and beyond ready to meet this sweet boy! Baby is the size of a watermelon....and definitely feels like one!

Total weight gain/loss 35 lbs. I have met the total suggested weight gain for my height and weight prior to being prego. Hopefully baby will come soon and I won't gain anymore. Still 20 lbs. down from my weight gain with baby #1 so I'm happy about that. 

Maternity clothes? Barely... I have reached the point where even most of my maternity stuff doesn't fit (hello belly hanging out of the bottom of my shirt...attractive right? lol). At this point its mostly dresses in public and hubby's boxer with my belly out at home :)

Stretch marks? None that I can see. I ran out of belly butter and decided not to buy anymore at this point. I have just been lathering in lotion at night.

Sleep? Trying to enjoy it while I still have it, but its seriously so uncomfortable. It's a process moving from one side to the other....not to mention the 289890727948 times I have to get up and go potty through the night. My hubs laughs at me trying to get out of bed....I'm sure it looks funny.

Best moment this week? Well we had a little "scare" at my 37 week appointment ( I was actually 37.3 weeks at this appointment) when we were told that bubba was breech. I went in the next day to have a procedure done call and external version. Basically its where they try and flip the baby by moving him & pushing him externally. There were risks involved and we were unsure if it would work or if I may even possibly have him that day. I was a nervous wreck cleaning the house like a mad lady the night before ( I clean when i get nervous or anxious). Well we got to the hospital for the procedure and I got hooked up to an IV and was given some "relaxing" medication....the doc came in to begin and as soon as he started the ultrasound we saw that our little dude had flipped head down on his own!!!!! Total God thing because I never once felt it, and it's very unlikely for babies to move on their own that far long! At my 38 week appointment (38.4) baby was still head down, but I was only a fingertip dilated with no effacement. Dr said that he wants to see me again this coming Wednesday and if my cervix is showing signs of progression (TMI? oh well its part of it) he wants to induce me Thursday!!!!!! So these past few days have been full of bouncing on yoga balls, walking, taking evening primrose oil, drinking raspberry leaf tea, and other activities that are supposed to help with progression. Basically anything and everything I could find on google besides caster oil....no thank you. But ultimately I know God has a plan so I have been praying that IF it's HIS WILL that it would be done. We shall see :)

Miss Anything? moving around normally, feeling what its like to be cold (weird right), and sweeeeeeeeeeet tea!

Movement? Not as much as he used to because there's not much room, but he rolls those little hands and feet around to let me know hes all good! He also like to push his little booty out....it makes my belly all lop sided :)

Food cravings? Nothing really. But I am trying to enjoy food while I still have the " I'm pregnant" excuse :)

Anything making you queasy or sick? no.

Gender? Boy!

Labor Signs? braxton hicks, pressure

Belly Button in or out? OUT

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time? happy and anxious

Looking forward to? Seeing my baby for the first time, hearing his cry, holding him in my arms.....all the joys of bringing new life into the world!

We are ready for you sweet boy! 

"Certainly you made my mind and heart; you wove me together in my mother’s womb. I will give you thanks because your deeds are awesome and amazing. You knew me thoroughly; my bones were not hidden from you, when I was made in secret and sewed together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw me when I was inside the womb. All the days ordained for me were recorded in your scroll before one of them came into existence." 




-Psalm 139:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin