Friday, May 15, 2015

God's Work Lately




My mom and I got to witness an incredible act of God this week. Let me set this story up for you...

My mom was driving me back from a doctors appointment and we were on what you could say was a rough dangerous side of town. We stopped at a red light where a tall thin man stood with nothing but a sign that read " hard times, even a smile will help". He was clearly in need. My mom and I both looked at each other and said " I wish we had something to give him". We were both cashless, without and food or drink to give, so I told mom " Let's just smile at him". We both beamed at him with a big heart felt smile, feeling terrible because we were sitting in an air condition car and far from being in need of anything. The man kindly smiled back and waved at us.

Just after the smile exchange we see this man walking up with a Wendy's bag and drink in hand. He came right up to the man greeted him with a smile, handed him his food, grabbed his hand and began PRAYING with him! My mom and I both looked at each other with teary eyes, and we were quickly reminded that there are still good people in this world...those people are the ones spreading the love of Jesus.

In a part of town were the last thing I expected to see happen, happened. That man planted a seed of God's love in the heart of a man who was in need. God knew exactly what that man needed that day..the hope only found in Christ...and Christ was delivered to him.

I was instantly convicted after seeing this wonderful act, because all along my mom and I did have something to give this man. We have the love of Christ in our hearts and THAT is the greatest gift we can EVER give someone. We are called to be God's hands and feet, and I am so thankful for the example this man set before us.

When you feel God nudging at your heart, step out of your comfort zone and ACT! I am pretty sure great things do not come from comfort (like child birth for example), but God will be there with you giving you the strength and exact words to say. He knows what that person needs to hear, and he will deliver it just as he did on this day! 

As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.
- 1 Peter 4:10

** The picture above is the ACTUAL men praying together! I had to snap a picture of God's handiwork! :) SO COOL**

God Bless,
Haleigh



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin