Saturday, June 27, 2015

Separating God's Truths from Our Emotions




Emotions. We all have them. I sometimes feel like my emotions are a nasty tornado spiraling up and down, and I am the eye of it all....stuck right in the middle.

You see emotions are a very good thing. They allow us to feel love, joy, peace, and happiness. It's only when we let those emotions of worry, stress, anxiety, sadness, loneliness ect. creep in and bog us down that our emotions can become less of a blessing and more of a curse.

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your crazy emotions seem overwhelming and your not sure how to deal? Well if your married or a mom I can almost assure that you have. Whats the cure? Separating God's TRUTHS from our crazy emotions.

This is totally something that God has been teaching me over the past few weeks. If you are going through a storm season in life don't let that tornado of emotions take you down...instead attack that tornado with the word of God. We do not have to be trapped by our emotions. Just like we should take every thought captive and make it obedient to God, we also should take every emotion we are having and make it obedient to God. God doesn't want you to worry and stress. 

Do you have anxiety? He wants us to cast it on HIM  (1 Peter 5:7) because He cares for us.
Feeling scared or lonely? Deuteronomy 31:6 Tells us not to fear because God goes with us and NEVER leaves us. Sad? God will deliver you from that sadness (Psalms 34:18-19). He will sustain you (Psalms 55:22). Feeling helpless? He hears your cries (Psalms 34:17).  Maybe your just worn out. God will recover your life and give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30). Angry? God tells us to get rid of it (Ephesians 4:26-31).

God has given us emotions as a blessing. Do not let the devil creep in and whisper lies to you....that's the seed of those bad emotions. Fight those ugly feelings with the word of God. I encourage you to write these scriptures out and post them somewhere that you look often. When you feel that tornado stirring up stop it with God's truths. Pray for God's peace and ask him to cover your thoughts and emotions with the blood of Jesus Christ!

A sweet co-worker of mine texted me a prayer one morning. Little did she know how much I needed it that day. I was bogged down, stressed, and sad. After praying this prayer I felt God's total peace cover me ad sustain me throughout the rest of the day. Please pray this prayer when your emotions are trying to get the best of you and let God's peace that surpassing all understanding flow through.

Dear God, there is so much on my mind that I don't know what to do or where to even start. I need your help. Give me peace Lord. Help me to have wisdom to separate your truth from my emotions. Show me how to deal with these situations and comfort me. Help me to trust that you have a future planned for me...something even better than before. Heal my heart, and help me not let my emotions get the best of me.Your will be done. In Jesus name, AMEN.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  -Philippians 4:6-7

God Bless,
Haleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin