Wednesday, July 22, 2015

To My Son on your Birthday

Side note: I try to make post more God centered than personal things, but on certain occasions like this I may post something special so one day my son can read this. :)

Well, sweet boy, today is your birthday. Two years ago today God gave me the most special birthday present I could ever ask for. That's right, we share a birthday! TWO...I can't believe its already been two sweet, crazy, messy, and beautiful years since you entered this world. It feels like just yesterday I was picking out nursery decor and hanging up tiny baby clothes. Now you are running rampant and showing your unique personality more every day.

You have a sweet & stubborn heart. Strong willed is a bit of an understatement (wonder where you get that from (;). You love giving kisses (especially eskimo kisses!) and telling us " I luff you". It melts my heart every time! You have a smile that can brighten anyone's day.

Dirt and anything with wheels is your all time favorite. You have a play room full of toys, but you would rather be outside making "pow pows" out of sticks and loading rocks in your "big ole truck". Dirt bikes...you caught a love for dirt bikes from the very first time you saw your "uncle Braddy" ride his. You can always find you with a dirt bike in hand. You ask us all the time to "watch dirt bike TV". Its the only time you actually sit still. You have a heart for animals of all kinds and you are a water baby FOR SURE. 

I would have to say your best buds are your monkey that you sleep with every night, our dog Achillies, and your cousin Rowan (Row-Row). You ask me just about everyday to see Row-Row...yall are about 6 months apart in age, and I can already tell yall are going to be a handful as yall get older!

You hardly ever meet a stranger, which can be good and bad. You have recently learned how to "wink" and it is so stinkin' adorable. Your big blue puppy dog eyes make me give in a lot, and we recently traded in your curly locks for a temporary mohawk...you still look adorable.

Your favorite songs are "Jesus Loves Me", "This little light of Mine", " My God is so Big", and "ABC song". You amaze me everyday with how smart you are. You recently told me that " Jesus is my fwend"...my heart melted. You love to count, say your colors & shapes, and TALK. You can be a little chatter box...It was super cute at first, and then you started giving your opinion lol. Typical toddler.

You can hammer down on some grub. You basically survive off of yogurt...you would eat a gallon a day if I let you. Your totally a meat guy like your daddy. I gave you  meal without meat the other day and you asked me " where did the chicken go". "Sketti" is still your favorite meal and you love your water and milk.

You are such a big helper. You love helping daddy and I do things. You especially love helping daddy...if daddy is doing it Michael is too (Your still a momma's boy though!)

You are mommy's heart and daddy's pride and joy. You have your grandparents and great-grands wrapped around your finger. You love your family and we spend A LOT of time with them. Our family is very important to us.

I love watching you grow into the boy that God has created you to be. I know that God has something totally awesome & special planned for your life because he has already used you for His glory in so many ways. I pray Proverbs 4:20-27 over you daily. My desire for your life is for you to give your heart to God at an early age, and stand firm in the faith. I pray that God surrounds you with Godly influences, and guides you to be a strong man for His glory. I am so thankful for your life and the joy it has brought. It's crazy how a little person can teach a momma so much. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BUDDY, HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY!

" Every good and perfect gift comes from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." -James 1:17

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post! David and I have written sealed letters to Roman for him to open when he's older and mature. What a special day it will be for Michael to look back and see the love from you, and all the things he likes/does at this age. Happiest of Birthday's to you both!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! :) We both have some pretty special little boys!!

      Delete

LinkWithin