Thursday, September 10, 2015

God's Work Lately



Do you ever get lost in all of the distractions of the world that you loose focus on God's calling in your life? I am totally guilty over here! I have been praying for wisdom a lot lately because I have felt that fog (remember?) creeping in. Well God decided to use today to be an "eye opener" for me.

My day started as usual...bible, prayer, coffee, scramble to get me & my child ready and out of the door. We always have our morning prayer time on the way to daycare, and recently, now that Micheal is older, I have been asking him what he would like to pray for. Well this morning it was the sky, our house, green grass, and balls (of coarse, typical boy!). We started thanking God for the sky, the sun that brings light, and the beautiful reminders of God's glory. We fallowed by thanking Him for the green grass that feeds animals so we can have good meat and veggies to eat. And we thanked him for our home, and asked for protection to cover our home, and love, contentment and joy to flood the inside. The entire time we were praying for these few request from a toddler I was so quickly reminded of how MUCH I take things for granite every.single.day. I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life that I forget to really "stop and smell the roses". God has given us a beautiful creation to enjoy. We don't need all of the new latest and greatest things in life, all we NEED is God. When we truly seek Him out and rest in His presence we have ALL we could ever need.

But God wasn't done there. My very first patient of the day has been suffering from cancer. You wouldn't dare know it though because her and her husband always come in with a great attitude and a smile. We were getting ready to schedule her next appointment and she wanted first thing in the morning. She said " We will be up already anyways", so i casually asked if they were early birds. They both informed me that they wake up at 4:30 every morning to pray to God together and thank Him for all he does. They said it is the ONLY way to start your day. WOW. I was so amazed and inspired all at the same time. That good attitude and smile that they always have is God's awesome strength shining clearly through them. I love some good encouragement like that.

A little while after they left I was helping the receptionist check a patient out. It was a very sweet lady with a walker. As she smiled I could see joy shining through her eyes...It was almost as if they told a story of struggle that had overcome. I checked her out and told her that I hoped she had a good day. She quickly informed me that she learned a long time ago that every day is a good day. And she is so right! With God every day is a good day, because we can rest in Him and his glory (He's got this!).

God answered my prayer for wisdom in more than one way. I love days like today when I can go to bed feeling God's hand at work in my life. I am so thankful for the perspective change he gave me today and I pray that it continues to mold the way I look at things. I pray that I can slow down my pace in life and fully enjoy every blessing God has given me. I do not want to miss out on the beauty and joy God has given us because I am too wrapped up in the things of this world. I want to find the innocence of life again the way my child sees it. I want to find the glory of God through the trials and storms. I want to REALLY know that no matter what EVERY day is a good day, because Jesus is good. Always has been and always will be.

Will you join me? Lets put down our cell phones and pick up the bible instead. Lets go for a nice walk and grasp the awesomeness of God's creation. Lets slow down, spend more time in prayer, and thank God for all he has done. Lets experience life...TRUE LIFE that can only be found with God!

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18


God Bless!
-Haleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin