Tuesday, March 10, 2015

God's work lately

There are some trials going on in my life right now, and though I though I would normally feel like I am down in the valley, I actually feel as though I am up on a mountain top. I have been feeling God's grace and love covering me each and every step of the way. I have heard is soft whispers tell me " I've got this Haleigh, don't you worry". I can totally rest in that!

God has been doing amazing work in me through the trials. Normally in situations like these I would make it all about me..." What is this happening to me", " Do they not care about how this will affect me", and the list goes on. It was all about me me me, but in reality these trials have nothing to do with my me directly. God has showed me during this season of life that in fact it is not about me, but about encouraging and loving others; Showing the same grace God shows us daily to others in the midst of this storm.

Taking the focus off of me and putting it on the one who is really in need is actually quite releaving.  God has showed me that I need to be giving Him the glory... Not glorifying myself.  God calls us to deny ourselves DAILY, take up our cross and follow Him (Luke 9:23). God knew that we could not handle anything in this world on our own, we needed help and guidance. We need to follow HIM! His word always stand true and He is always faithful.

" We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our hope of confident salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment." - Romans 5:3-5

I love the way God breaks us down to help build us up. He completely strips us of our own "power" to show us that He is the ONLY way we are ever going to make it. I find total peace in the fact that even though we will have troubles and trials in this life we don't have to go through them alone. We have a living God that is ready to take on our full load of worries upon himself and show us the way to go. He gives us strength in our weakness, and wisdom in the very midst of not knowing what to do. He is the answer to every worry and wonder that we may have.

I am so THANKFUL for this trial and rough season in life... Yes thankful, because I know that through this it is making me a stronger person for God. It is bringing Him honor and glory and is helping me to fully lean on Him for everything! As I sent in this dental chair waiting on my next patient I have a fire burning in my heart for the wonderful awesomeness of God. I love this giddy feeling I have that comes with feeling God's presence upon me. Thank you so much God!!


** If you too are going through a tough season in life please feel free to email me at HaleighPerry22@gmail.com. I would love to pray for you and give you encouragement!**
 God bless, 
Haleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin