Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Great I Am

" Again the high priest asked Him, Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I AM; and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Almighty and coming on the clouds of heaven."    - Mark 14:61,62 

I AM.....

  • Redeemer
  • Healer
  • Savior
  • The Trinity
  • Loving
  • Gracious
  • Merciful
  • Comforter
  • Understanding
  • Giving
  • Passionate
  • Loyal
  • The lion
  • The lamb
  • Ever present
  • Helper
  • Restorer
  • LIFE
  • The beginning
  • The end
I could continue the list of all of the things that God is because in reality He is EVERYTHING. God is the reason we live and breathe. God is always there and is always working, weather we feel His presence or not, He never leaves us or forsakes us. God is loyal and is always waiting with open arms to forgive and RESTORE. He created this earth and He will bring this earth to an end. He holds ALL things together.

This morning as I was reading in Mark and drinking my coffee I noticed the sun shining through my window right into my eyes. I could hear the birds chirping and singing, and I thought to myself how awesome it is that God's creation sings praises to His name! As soon as the sun comes up its like those birds are thanking God for a new day. How often do we do that? I can be very guilty of just going through the motions of a busy week that I take for granite each new day that God has given me. A new day to praise His name, to start fresh, to seek God and rest in the peace that his restoration brings. Each new day is a remembrance of what Christ did for us on the cross...He gave His life so that we could have the hope and chance of having a NEW life in Him. Every new day brings a chance for new life in everyone.

" For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." -Matthew 26:11

Have you ever stopped to really think about all the Christ did for us on that cross. His whole life was dedicated to saving us. Christ knew what his purpose on this earth was and he sought after it with his whole heart....literally! He endured affliction, pain, and complete torture with us in mind the entire time. Wow! God's love for us is so big we could never grasp or understand it. I don't know about you, but I fail God a lot daily...it makes me wonder sometimes what makes a sinner like me, who can be rotten to the core, so special that God would want to give His sons life to save me?! Who would want to willingly suffer so much pain and anguish to save my life? The answer is simple, yet so in depth our flesh could never truly grasp it.....unfailing, everlasting LOVE!

God created us in His image and our purpose on this earth is to bear His image. I like to think of God's love like a mothers/parents love for their child. When your child is born your heart feels love like it never has before. You love your child so much you are wanting and willing to do whatever it takes to help them thrive. Nothing your child ever does could make you love them less, yet anything they do could make you love them more ( complicated right?!? ). Their daily life and activities put a smile on your face and fullness in your heart. That is EXACTLY (if not more) the way God feels about us. He loves us with an unconditional love and smiles down on us every day. He did whatever it took to help us thrive in this life...He gave us a SAVIOR! 

I know this sinner is forever thankful for God's amazing grace! I pray that I will never take Christ's sacrifice on the cross for granite, but rather embrace the illustration of love that was poured out for us that very day. God is OH SO GOOD, and I am so thankful he can save a wretch like you and I. Thank you JESUS...may our lives shine your light and glorify you!

" I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; And the life I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me."
-Galatians 2:20  <<------- AMEN!!

God bless,
-Haleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin