Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Small Reminders of God's Grace



Thus says the LORD:”The people who survived the sword found grace in the wilderness; when Israel sought for rest, the LORD appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you."- Jeremiah 31:2-3



I get a sweet glimpse of God's grace every single day when I look at my son. When he smiles, I see God's grace...When he gives me hugs and kisses, I see God's grace...when I get those sweet cuddles, I see God's grace.

You see, my son was conceived out of wedlock. Although his daddy and I are now married, and are living life together as a family, it doesn't always work out that way. By sharing this with you I am by no means condoning intimacy outside of the marriage bed. If I could go back and do it all over again I would have married my guy FIRST because that is what God asks of us. Intimacy is meant for the marriage bed ONLY, and now that I am on the other side of the fence I can assure you "it" is much more meaningful and totally worth waiting for!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." -Romans 8:28

But even though satan tried using my sinful mistake for evil, God used it for good. God has used this entire situation to draw me closer to Him. During those 10 months of pregnancy God did His miracle work on my heart and transformed my mind and life. Even though I sinned, God has shown me GRACE. He pours grace into my life every single day. I didn't deserve a beautiful, healthy baby boy, but because God is a gracious God He blessed me with one. A simple laugh, smile, hug, or even a "trying 2's" tantrum reminds me just how gracious God has been to me.

He has turned my mess into a MESSAGE. And He will do the very same for you!

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39

Maybe today you are reading this and are struggling with a totally different sin of your own. Give it to God and let him pour out His grace to you. There is absolutely NOTHING we can do that will ever separate us from the love that God has for us. Let Him glorify himself through our sins and our messes. Some of the greatest testimonies start with gigantic struggles and trials....but it's not what got us here with God that really matters, it's where we are going from here. Going forward. Choosing God. Clinging to His promises, and never turning back.

I am so thankful that God is faithful and gracious. I am thankful for this second chance at life that he has given me. I pray daily that God will help me train this child in the way that he should go (Proverbs 22:6), so that the life he leads will bring Him honor and glory!

Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. -2 Corinthians 12:8-9


God Bless, 
Haleigh

2 comments:

  1. Great job Haleigh! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very beautiful- inside and out. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin