Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Gift of New Life


Easter is a celebration of LIFE. A time to focus our hearts on the precious life that was given in order for us to gain a life worth living. I personally love the fact that Easter falls during spring time. A time when all dead flowers and trees bloom to a glorious and beautiful new life. Yes, the pollen and allergies that come with the territory is a bummer, but man what a great reminder of the restoration that can happen in us.

Before receiving Christ as our Lord and Savior we all lived a life that was full of darkness that our sin created. With the darkness came hopelessness and a soul that was dead. But because Christ died and rose again, we too can have the hope and promise of being raised from our deadened souls to live a fulfilling life in Jesus Christ. 

" And He said to all, " If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." -Luke 9:23

The best gift ever given in this world was God's precious Son. Galatians 2:20 tells us that we were crucified with Christ. We (our fleshly desires, thoughts, actions, and feelings) no longer live, but CHRIST lives in and through us. Christ took on the FULL wrath of God for you and I, and when He spoke "It is finished" ALL of our sins were taken with Him. When we ask Him to come into our hearts and we repent of our sins and put our full trust and faith in Him alone we become ALIVE as a brand.new.creation. Christ rose from the grave and now lives inside of you and I. If that doesn't fire you up then I think you wood must be wet :).

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." -Galatians 2:20

"And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." -Galatians 5:24

Since we are to be image bearers for Christ, we too must die to this world and to our sin so that we can be raised with Christ to live a new life. Living a new life in Christ means getting rid of our old ways, and training ourselves tor bring God Glory in all that we do. For me BIG changes had to be made. In my life B.C. this seemed impossible and I always wanted a change but never knew where or how to begin. Once excepting Christ into my heart He showed me the way. It was like He wiped out all prior desires or cravings that I had and set my heart and mind on a new track. I felt like a beautiful new butterfly coming out of its dingy old cocoon. GOD SHOWED ME THE WAY....all I had to do was follow. We must continue to follow Him each and every single day. We must lay down our life for Him, just as He did for us!

"What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. " -Romans 6:1-23

As we reflect and celebrate Easter I pray that lives and hearts will be transformed. Knowing that someone else who may be just as dead as I was can have the same hope and fulfillment that has been given to me makes my heart happy. God is the ultimate restorer. Just like he turns thunder storms into rainbows, he can turn your life into something beautiful!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." -2 Corinthians 5:17

*** If you are interested in being given a new life in Christ, but aren't sure of the steps you need to take please contact me at Haleighperry22@gmail.com. I would love the show you the directions to an Almighty Savior.****

God Bless,
Haleigh




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin